21 April 2009

Three weeks of dieting... ugh...

So, on April 4th J and I weighed in after a week of dieting. He lost 12 pounds! As a matter of fact... so did I! Awesome day! I was definitely more excited for him than I was for me, but wont deny that I thought I'd done pretty damn good myself. So, we continue doing what we're doing and after two more weeks we weigh again. This past Saturday, April 18th, we headed over to our friend Barry's house to do the official weigh in. I'm pretty sure before we get there that I've gained some weight back. No particular reason aside from the fact that I'm a bit lazy. So, we get there and I have indeed put 4 pounds back on. Oh well. Not the end of the world. I need to keep the other folks in this little competition guessing, right? :) So, J gets on the scale and he's lost another 12 pounds! He's my hero! That's 24 pounds in three weeks! I can't even begin to explain how proud I am of him! He's doing phenominal and he's not complained once since we started. Imagine how much he could possibly lose if he was exercising! We're joining the YMCA this coming weekend. I won a three month family membership so he's getting sucked in with me. I was looking at their web site a couple of days ago and they have a lot to offer. I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully once we start going he'll actually want to go. Who am I kidding? I need him to drag me over there the first time. I'm such a damn chicken shit! Once I get over there at least once (maybe twice) I'll be much more comfortable with the idea of going alone. We'll see what happens. Hopefully it'll be another healthy change for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment