01 April 2009

I got on a scale


Well, a friend of ours decided that a bunch of us should get together and do our own biggest loser. Each of us are going to put in $50 and after three months the person who has lost the highest percentage of weight will win the pot. Most of us weighed in this past weekend. I think there are supposed to be ten of us. $500 in the end would be nice. Although, losing some much needed weight would be nice too. However, since I'm still out of work after six months, I could use the money in a major way! Anyway, my brother, Bubba and I went and weighed in Sunday afternoon and it's official... I'm fat! Holy hell! How did this happen!? Ten years and one week ago I weighed 300+ lbs. I can't give an exact number because I honestly don't know what it was. The most I was ever weighed at was 292 lbs, but I know I gained at least eight pounds after I got on the scale that day. Nine years ago today I weighed approximately 150 lbs. I shit you not! I looked hot! It was probably five years ago (if that) that I was down to 125 lbs. Didn't look hot (although at the time I thought I did)... looked sick (and I have pics to prove it)! LOL So, I would guess that last year at this time I was probably 175-180. Not ideal, but not the end of the world. Hell, at that weight I was still wearing a size 12 so the sky was not on the verge of falling. So, on Sunday, my fat ass weighed in at 201.5 lbs. Are you fucking kidding me!? I'm over 200 lbs!? This is what being out of work does to a carpenter. Well, a lazy carpenter at least! Shit! So, it's a good thing we're doing this biggest loser thing because my size 14's are starting to get a bit snug... oh and they're warn out and falling apart too. So, I need to lose weight so I can get into jeans that aren't falling apart. Not to mention that I'd really like to be healthier and back at my fighting weight. I'm aiming for 160. If I can go a little under that... awesome! If I'm 165 that's okay too, but not more than that! I've worked too hard to get healthy to let myself get fat again! So, I've already started the South Beach Diet and I re-upped with Bally's yesterday. My goal is to hit the gym a least three times a week (I'm aiming for more than that to be honest). I'll make an effort at posting milestones, etc. No guarantees as I'm totally lazy! Oh, and the pic above is me taken within the last week. Looking like ASS! Rolls everywhere and what's with the freakin' bandana!?

No comments:

Post a Comment